Sitting in the sun is intensely pleasurable for me.
- I feel grounded and centered (especially if I can sit on the grass or sand, or swim in natural water.)
- My mood improves.
- I relax, a lot. All my typical stress/anxiety behaviors just drop away.
- I feel better about my body. I feel more confident and attractive. I feel more alive!
- (Oh, and Vitamin D.)
Cue: WAVES OF PLEASURE.
Are You Allowed to Feel Good?
- We’re “not allowed” to take a vacation until our business hits a certain level in revenue.
- We’re “not allowed” to buy nice clothes until we lose all the excess weight.
- We’re “not allowed” to have a real house, until we’ve met the perfect partner.
- We’re “not allowed” to enjoy a long lunch with friends until the To Do list is complete. (PS: the To Do list is never complete!)
- Or the even more insidious not allowing until you “have enough money” or “are successful” — those are so vague and impossible to quantify that you will never, ever reach them!