We spend a lot of time on social media to get exposure for our businesses, but what about PR? This week’s guest tells us how to start generating your own publicity, even if you don’t have any previous media contacts… and its easier than you think!
Christina Daves is an expert in DIY-PR. After manufacturing her product, MediFashions, and having no budget left for PR, she taught herself everything she could about the industry. Within a year she was featured in over 50 media outlets, including appearances on the Steve Harvey Show, Dr. Oz, and local affiliates of NBC, CBS and FOX.
After enough people asked her how she did it, and she created PR for Anyone, a website teaching small business owners how to generate their own publicity. Her motto is, “If I can do it, anyone can!”
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to get journalists interested in what you have to say
- How to pick the right media outlets for your pitch
- What to keep in mind to overcome intimidation or self-doubt over contacting the media
- Common mistakes people make when trying to find their own publicity
- How to use social media in your PR strategy
- Her number-one PR tip for beginners with limited time
- How to make a press kit for your business