Jen Morris is a certified health coach and co-founder of Urban Detox Club, an online food-based program helping clients to lose weight and create a permanent healthy lifestyle. Jen started her health coaching business working with clients one-on-one, but quickly realized the limits on how many clients she could see (and the frustration of rushing between appointments and last-minute cancellations). That’s what sparked Jen and her business partner to start Urban Detox Club. I was especially interested to have Jen on the podcast because while the program is online – her marketing and client-generation is mainly done offline – in person, through networking events and referrals. In our interview, we talk specifics about networking, referrals, how not to be afraid of your competitors, and how to shift your existing programs from in-person to online.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- how to start getting clients, even without a huge social media presence
- the right way to do networking to generate business
- why getting clear on your vision helps you get out of your own way
- the benefits of networking with people in unrelated industries
- the improv theater trick to partnerships
- how to update your existing programs to work online
- and how not to waste time building an online program that nobody wants!