This is the second episode in our three-part series on virtual assistants. Hiring a VA is a hot topic in the wellness industry, and among solopreneurs in general, because it allows us to get the help we need without having to hire a full-time employee. So if you’ve been curious about hiring a VA and think you might need one, but you’re not sure how to get started, this series is for you.
Part 1 from last week helped you come up with possible tasks that a VA could help you out with, and this week’s episode will be taking you through the full step-by-step process of actually hiring an assistant. I’ll be explaining where you can find a VA, how to write an ad, how to create a “test project” to evaluate candidates, and managing your expectations in working with a VA.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Suggestions on the best place to find a VA
- The step-by-step hiring process
- How to set up a test project to see what it’s like to work with a VA
- Which tasks to delegate to a VA vs. a specialist
- What you can/can’t expect from a VA
- Hiring a VA three-part series – “Do You Need a VA?” (Part 1)
- Upwork (former Odesk and Elance)