This Monday, Amanda is joined with Daniel Foor, Ph.D., a licensed psychotherapist based in Asheville, North Carolina, a host of ancestral and family healing intensives since 2005, and the author of Ancestral Medicine: Rituals for Personal and Family Healing. He has lived in the Czech Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, Egypt, Morocco, and Nigeria. Daniel is an initiate in the Ifá/Òrìṣà tradition of Yoruba-speaking West Africa and has trained with teachers of Mahayana Buddhism, Islamic Sufism, and different indigenous paths, including the older ways of his European ancestors.
In this episode, we are focusing mainly on genealogy and stepping into Daniel’s work and his understandings of ancestral medicine. Tune in and learn what impacts our ancestors have on our lives nowadays, why we should connect with our heritage first, why we should heal our ancestors, how to connect with them, and in general why people should be more aware of genealogy and its impact on our well being.
Here’s what you will hear in this episode:
- 0:32 – What you will hear in this episode
- 3:38 – Who is Daniel Floor?
- 5:51 – Who are the ancestors?
- 7:59 – What impacts our ancestors have on our lives today
- 12:01 – How Daniel has started working with the ancestors
- 13:52 – Why we should connect first with our heritage before exploring other lineages
- 18:11 – The idea of healing our ancestors and how to reconnect with them
- 26:36 – Why you should not put pictures of your ancestors in an ancestral altar
- 28:20 – Daniel’s take away on rituals and a sample ritual we all can imply in our lives
- 32:25 – Why people should be more aware of genealogy and its impact on our well being
- 33:42 – How to connect with nature
- 35:08 – Daniel’s upcoming courses
- Ancestral Medicine
- Daniels’s book, Ancestral Medicine: Rituals for Personal and Family Healing
- Foundations of Ritual course
- Ancestral Lineage Healing course
- Ancestral Healing Practitioner Training 2020