So many of us have writing a book on our bucket list … but it keeps getting postponed. Maybe that’s because writing a book seems intimidating – like a huge undertaking – but this week Lindsey Smith tells us to just get started! Lindsey is known as the “food mood girl
” and is an author, speaker and coach. Lindsey shares her process for writing a book (which happens a lot faster than you might imagine!), how to choose between traditional and self-publishing, and the steps we can take to get started on our book today! Lindsey’s Bio:
Lindsey Smith, known as the “food mood girl,” works with people who have a habit of looking to food for all the wrong nutrients: comfort, reward, fun, and acceptance. Through speaking and coaching she motivates, equips, and inspires people to sort out their relationships with food so they can live a healthy, balanced life. Lindsey is also the author of Junk Foods & Junk Moods: Stop Craving and Start Living. For more information, visit www.FoodMoodGirl.com
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why writing a book is still relevant and builds your business
- How Lindsey launched her first book – with no audience!
- Why not to wait for permission or ‘expert status’ to write your book
- If you should self-publish or find a traditional publisher
- How much it’s going to cost if you self-publish your book
- Lindsey’s key tips for aspiring authors
- The importance of finding your writing style
- And how to adopt a “launch + learn” mentality for success!
Connect with Wellpreneur:
Subscribe to The Wellpreneur Podcast!
Keep Listening! Other Episodes You Might Like: